Jr. Universal Banker Trainee
City of Industry, Cerritos and Pasadena, CA
Posted on 4/8/2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability.
- Cashes check and pays money from savings and checking account upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, to determine their negotiability.
- Prepares and compiles new customer application and information to open new accounts.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Informs and advises customers of status or enhancements to current account productivity, and suggests resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding account.
- Uses customer interactions as an opportunity to educate and cross-sell customers on Bank’s products and services, including deposit accounts and loans. Exercises sound customer service and sales techniques to identify customers’ needs. Fully explains the features and benefits of the Bank’s accounts and services making appropriate referrals based on customers’ needs.
- Acts as an expert and trusted resource for all direct-to-consumer products including online & mobile banking, mobile check deposit, bill pay, funds transfer, online statements, online loan & deposit acquisition, telephone & text message banking, ATMs, and the Bank’s corporate website, among others.
- Maintains a firm understanding of new products and services.
- Generates new business to assist in meeting establishment profitability goals.
- Answers and routes telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and directs calls to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Manages multiple priorities and holds self-accountable for performance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and exhibits behavior that is in accordance with Bank policy and standards.
- Assist Branch Manager or Customer Service Manager on projects as necessary.
- Receives bank visitors, provides information and directs them to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completes all required compliance training on an annual basis.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Years of Experience:
- Skills/Ability: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be organized and have computer skills. Possesses strong sales, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills; previous cash handling and customer contact experience is required; proficiency in Microsoft Office (OUTLOOK, EXCEL, and WORD) is required.
- Training Courses Required